Earlier today I went to the web and asked my friends one simple question…
What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
You see, I needed some inspiration for my 11 things post this month and figured I could ask for some help. Also, seeing as college graduation season is among us, why not bestow our wisdom on the newly minted graduates?
Well I got lots of great pieces of advice so my 11 things has now turned into 15 things, but oh well.
So here we go,
11 15 pieces of great advice (obviously in no particular order)
- “Be kind to everyone you meet no matter what they do.”
- “If you’re not going to do it right the first time, don’t do it at all.”
- “Stay away from Pigeon heads and Psychic Vampires.” (Thanks Lucas)
- “Live rich, die poor.”
- “Don’t do anything you don’t love.”
- “If you’re in the room, your entitled to an opinion”
- “Line up behind the person in the room”
- “Anger is almost always the result of fear. If you can figure out what someone fears, you can dismantle their anger.”
- “Never mistake personality for character”
- “trust in the process”
- “Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never lack for amusement.
- “Don’t sweat the little stuff. It’s all little stuff”
- “Never underestimate human stupidity.”
- “Reach out and grab a star! Because stars don’t have arms so they can’t grab you!”
- “Never charge something to a credit card that you cannot afford to pay off at the end of the month”
Thank you to my friends and followers who so kindly responded with their serious, and not so serious, pieces of wisdom and advice. To see some of the original suggestions on Facebook, you can see the feed here. Feel free to add some more!
What other pieces of wisdom would you want to share?